Jun 14th, 2019
Dr Bryan Chung is the not-so-secret advice columnist behind Dear Doctor Ninja
Bryan is a methodologist and a surgeon who improves people’s relationship with science.
The biggest compliment Bryan's ever received was from his mentor while in residency.
“You deserve this award because, after four years, I finally understand what you’re talking about.”
Bryan has been getting better at helping people understand what he’s talking about since.
Listen to the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Want to get the EatMoveLive52 Podcast delivered to your phone, tablet, or computer automatically?
Subscribe to the podcast via your favorite podcasting service using the links at the bottom of the page, and let them take care of the rest!
About Dr. Bryan Chung and Dr. Ninja
Dr Bryan Chung, Phd aka Dear Doctor Ninja
"I want to change how we see our relationship with science in how we work and live." - Bryan Chung, PhD
1. You're all kinds of doctors (MD and PhD). What inspired you to take both of those routes? How does one play off the other?
2. What inspires you to explain research with such passion and creativity?
3. People on the internet often talk about the medical profession as if they don't know what they are doing when it comes to nutrition or exercise? What's your take on this?
4. Can you explain what evidence-based medicine is?
5. Keto, Carnivore, and Low Carb diets and where they're good
6. The thyroid, Hashimoto's Disease, and gluten-free diets
7. Gluten-free diets and celiac disease
8. Healthy at Every Size - Can you have health at every size?
9. What does it mean to be healthy? What's the definition of 'health?'
To wrap up...
You don't just answer questions for lay people. You also help professionals see science and evidence in a different way. I hear you even wrote a book on this? Tell us about it.
Can you tell our listeners where they can find you?
Dear Dr. Ninja Online — DearDr.Ninja
Bryan on Medium — Bryan Chung on Medium
Question The Start And End With The Question – Bryan’s Book Preview – CriticalMass.ninja
Funny stuff mentioned
Jimmy Kimmel – Pedestrian Question – What is Gluten
JP Sears – How to be gluten intolerant
Love the show?
Subscribe and Review the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Reviews help spread the word, big time!
It only takes a minute to leave a quick review. Just try ten words and see how fast it goes!
Oh, and subscribing to the show brings each episode to you and your phone automatically!
Our podcast theme music is "Protofunk" by Kevin MacLeod of incompetech.com. Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0.
Roland & Galina