Friday Sep 20, 2019
The Nutrient-Dense Path to Good Health and Autoimmune Wellness
Friday Sep 20, 2019
Friday Sep 20, 2019
Show Notes and Podcast Listener Links
For all show notes, links, and downloads, click here or the image below.
Mickey Treskott - Author and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
Mickey is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and author of three best-selling books, The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook and The Nutrient-Dense Kitchen. She is also co-host The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast and co-teach The AIP Certified Coach Practitioner Training Program with Angie Alt.
Her journey to the Autoimmune Protocol started as a vegan, having been diagnosed with both celiac and Hashimoto’s disease. Instead of feeling better after my diagnosis, she continued to suffer many months of deteriorating health until she made the transition to the Autoimmune Protocol, slowly reversing vitamin and mineral deficiencies and greatly improving my health.
Today, she lives with her husband, Noah on their homestead in the Willamette Valley, Oregon, with their cat Savannah and horse Bear.
When she’s not getting crazy in the kitchen or researching how to live better with autoimmune disease, she can be found riding horses on my family’s farm, obsessively knitting a pair of socks, or figuring out how to build a non-toxic, sustainable home.
- Where is the autoimmune paleo community today compared to 7 years ago when your first book was published?
- What was one defining moment for you and your mindset when you went from feeling ill and worsening to turning things around and starting to feel better? Was there a spiritually or emotionally significant shift?
- What do you have to say about listening to your body? When someone is symptomatic and feels like their body is betraying them or falling apart, what’s one piece of advice you have for them to help them start seeing the body not as an enemy but as an ally?
- What research do we have today that we didn’t have in the early days of AIP? Could you talk about the IBD, Hashimotos and Psoriasis studies that you are a part of? What aspects of the recent Hashimoto’s study would you like to discuss or you find very clinically significant?
- When reintroducing what are some common symptoms that people should look for?
- What are some foods you are enjoying today that you didn’t think you would ever eat again?
- What are your personal strategies for getting variety in your diet?
- Let’s talk coffee - what do you see as a practitioner? Does it matter how high quality it is or is coffee just coffee?
- If we look at movement as a nutrient what do you think the role of movement rich lifestyle is in healing from autoimmune illness?
- How do you define healing from autoimmune illness? Is there a “free” or “remission” point?
- Can we talk sweeteners - one thing people miss so much is the sweet taste - how do you help people with having their sweets and not feeling deprived or socially isolated from family and friends? Honey, maple syrup, etc, vs industrial sweeteners?
- Chronic illness is truly a test of character and it will test us down to our very soul - what do you feel got you through the most difficult times?
- Tell us about becoming a nutrivore - what do you have to say to people who are just embarking on that journey?
- Tell us about a day in your life - what’s it like in your kitchen, and in your life as a whole? What’s on your menu as far as eating, moving and living?
- Tell us about your latest book - and it’s so sweet that it opens with a picture of your grandma? How do you feel that connection has influenced your work and path?
- A question from an RD friend: Do people with Autoimmune conditions have a more difficult time losing weight and burning fat? If so, how can you remedy the obstacle? What is of top priority - calming the immune system or losing weight?
- A question from a long time AIP follower who literally called you her goddess :) Do you ever limit carbs, I have been gaining weight on AIP? Should I treat honey like a regular sugar - I put it in my tea and smoothies?
Mickey Trescott's Links and Resources
Mickey's Book (affiliate link) - The Nutrient-Dense Kitchen - 125 Autoimmune paleo recipes for deep healing and vibrant health
Website - Autoimmune Wellness - Seeking Health + Building Community
Podcast - Autoimmune Wellness Podcast
Instagram - Mickey Trescott on Instagram
Instagram - Angie Alt
Love the show?
Subscribe and Review the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Reviews help spread the word, big time!
It only takes a minute to leave a quick review. Just try ten words and see how fast it goes!
Oh, and subscribing to the show brings each episode to you and your phone automatically!
Subscribe or review on Apple/iTunes
Subscribe or review on Podbean
Subscribe or review on Stitcher
Subscribe or review on Google Play
Use the RSS feed in your favorite podcast app
Our podcast theme music is "Protofunk" by Kevin MacLeod of incompetech.com. Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0.
Roland & Galina
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.