Jun 29th, 2018
Time management. Todo lists. Still trouble getting things done?
Lyn Christian joins us to talk about FOCUS management, instead!
Lyn Christian is the founder of SoulSalt, and is a Master Certified Life and Business Coach based in Utah, but with clients around the world. Lyn and SoulSalt support entrepreneurs, revolutionaries, and anyone else who wants to be a badass in their craft or career!
Let's get started...
Lyn Christian is a visual thinker, a connector-of-dots, the channel who hands you the very words you need when you need to hear them. She challenges her clients to escape mediocrity and be more strong, focused and true.
In addition to certifying in Conversational Intelligence®, Lyn holds the Gold Standard in coaching - M.C.C. designation (Master Certified Coach from the International Coach Federation). Coaching since 1998, she is certified in Marshall Goldsmith’s elite Stakeholder Centered Coaching, is a Franklin Covey Certified Coach and Certified mBIT Coach (Multiple Brain Integration).
Lyn is the former Director of Innovation at Franklin Covey Coaching and former ambassador for the WABC (World Association for Business Coaches). She currently contributes to the WWC (World-Wide Coaching e-zine published out of Amsterdam). She also co-produces the What’s Your Conversational Intelligence® Podcast with Judith E. Glaser.
Lyn’s experience and expertise take her to a diverse population in a variety of industries across the globe. No matter if she’s coaching a small business owner or celebrity, a CEO or a stay-at-home mom, her edgy yet balanced approach is stimulating, creative and inspiring.
Be Focused, with Lyn Christian
- Being intentional with your time.
- Clearing space for your day.
- Being busy vs getting things done.
- Why a todo list isn't always the best way to get stuff done.
- Sticky notes vs todo lists - engage the visual center of your brain.
- Thought maps and mind maps.
- Is that a rock in your pocket or are you just trying to remember something?
- Contextual clues and mental bookmarks.
- My Most Productive Week Ever and the "Today and Not Today PDF" - Article Link
- Creating your own focus management system - one size does not fit all.
- How time can get away from you (and me and also Galina).
- We mention dopamine again, of course. We always do.
- Multitasking - You're kidding yourself if you think it's working.
- Multitasking can cause a 24% loss of productivity. Do you have 24% time to spare? I don't.
- No, multitasking doesn't work, but if you want to do it anyway, here's when it does work, even though it really doesn't.
Lyn Christian and SoulSalt Links
Be Focused Program
$50 off for EatMoveLive52 Listeners, using coupon code EML50
SoulSalt’s unique Be Focused program teaches you how to Be Focused and master time management in a comprehensive course with step-by-step strategies and tactics to take control of your life, thus leading to a happier, more fulfilled life. By taking this course you will:
- Lead a happier, more fulfilled life
- Discover the things that you spend time on that you don’t need to
- Focus on those things that have the most value
- Unlock your keys to success
Lyn and SoulSalt Links and Social Media
Love the show?
Subscribe and Review the EatMoveLive52 Podcast
Reviews help spread the word, big time!
It only takes a minute to leave a quick review. Just try ten words and see how how fast it goes!
Oh, and subscribing to the show brings each episode to you and your phone automatically!
Our podcast theme music is "Protofunk" by Kevin MacLeod of incompetech.com. Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0.
Roland & Galina